ADVANCED TREATMENTS for plantar fasciitis and heel pain.
This advanced treatment is a more efficient way than ice, but which takes longer, is to use a rapid change in temperature to drain excess inflammation by activating your vessels (flushing). It is recommended to do contrast baths 2 or 3 times a day.
1. Use two buckets big enough that your foot and ankle are submerged.
2. Fill the first bucket with cold water and add several ice cubes.
3. Fill the second bucket with lukewarm water at about 37C (comfortable bath temperature). Do not exceed 40C.
4. Always start and end with the cold bath:
a)Place your foot in cold water for 3 to 5 minutes;
b) Remove your foot and immediately place it in hot water for 3 minutes;
c) Repeat this cycle for 20 minutes.
Advice from your podiatrist: Ideal to do in front of the television or while reading a book after a long day at work.
Avoid walking barefoot
During the entire healing period, no step should be taken with bare feet. Your plantar arch needs support to reduce the strain on it. Also avoid slippers, shoes that are too flat.
Support your feet with custom insoles to prevent the heel from contacting the ground when walking.
- Keep your shoes near the bed.
- Wear your shoes from the first steps in the morning and take them off only at bedtime or to wash yourself.