Calf stretches The most important exercise for heel pain.
This type of exercise is essential for your rehabilitation. Calf stretch reduces the tension on the fascia since the tendons of these muscles are attached to it and join it at the level of the heel bone. A lack of flexibility in the calf can result in excessive tension in the fascia.
* It is recommended to do the stretches with your shoes on.
Avoid these common mistakes:
- Avoid completely locking the rear knee, this could injure you.
- Line up both feet parallel to your legs. Avoid opening the rear foot outward.
- Avoid raising the back heel off the ground.
- You must feel the tension in the calf, otherwise you may be too close to the wall.
Advice from your podiatrist: It is possible to incorporate this exercise into your morning and evening routine, by brushing your teeth for example, or in any situation where you are on hold.